Why You Should Start Outdoor Calisthenics Training
Do you want to get fit but you're feeling uninspired? Are you looking for a new fitness routine that is both challenging and rewarding? Then calisthenics may be the answer! More and more people in Amsterdam are choosing to train calisthenics. Calisthenics combines basic bodyweight movements, mobility exercises and strength training to help you reach your fitness goals. Here at Famba Fitness, myself and the team believe that calisthenics offers a great way to get into shape and unlock unimaginable physical potential for all levels.
Is Calisthenics For You?
Calisthenics is an activity that is accessible to all fitness levels. No matter what your background, size, shape or strength level, there will always be some types of calisthenics training routines that can be modified to fit your needs.
I believe that everyone should have the opportunity to take part in a calisthenics training program. There is a wide array of training methods and creative movements that can be used to cater to different levels of fitness and skill sets.
Beginners can start by focusing on bodyweight exercises to improve muscular strength and gain an understanding of how the joints move and how to engage your muscles. The best way to do these is to start with exercises you can do for 3 sets of 10-15 reps. Intermediate-level athletes can move on to more challenging strength movements such as pull-ups, pike push-ups, back levers and bent arm planches, while more advanced athletes can focus on complex movements like handstand push-ups, cool ring sequences and more creative elements.
Calisthenics may be demanding and challenging (relative to the individual), but it is also incredibly rewarding. Being able to complete a particular sequence or movement will give you a sense of accomplishment and boost your morale.
As a calisthenics personal trainer, I enjoy guiding students through their journey here in beautiful Amsterdam and ensuring positive progress is achieved. The image I want to share at Famba Fitness is that calisthenics is accessible and achievable for all levels. There's no reason to wait any longer. Start your calisthenics journey today!
Why Calisthenics Training Is Best Done Outdoors
One of the attractive things about calisthenics is that it can be done anywhere, indoors, outdoors, at a gym, in the park or at home, you can suit it to your schedule. Let me explain why training calisthenics outdoors will increase your health score EVEN MORE!
1. Improved Health: Regular outdoor calisthenics training can help improve your overall health and well-being. When working out in the open air, your body is exposed to higher levels of oxygen and natural light, which can lead to an enhanced mood, improved energy levels and a strengthened immune system.
2. Reduced Stress and Anxiety: Working out in natural surroundings can help reduce stress and anxiety. Just a quick walk in the park or a session of outdoor calisthenics can make all the difference in reducing your daily worries.
3. Connect with Nature: When practising ‘Calisthenics in Amsterdam’, you're able to connect with nature and be immersed in the beauty of your surroundings. This can lead to mental clarity, better focus and general well-being.
4. Socialising: Outdoor calisthenics training can be a great way to socialise with like-minded people. At Famba Fitness, there's a safe, supportive and encouraging environment where our members can connect and form friendships.
5. Unbelievable Views: When taking part in outdoor calisthenics training in Amsterdam, you can take in the breathtaking views, explore iconic landmarks and take some amazing pictures of your fitness journey.
Group Personal Training In Amsterdam
Some people think they need to prepare themselves before they start calisthenics, but you don't. Start as you are, where you are. Calisthenics is a way of understanding your body and reaching your fitness and health goal. Start with the basics then build a program that will help you reach your goals.
I know how easy it can be to compare yourself with other people but just remember that we are all on our own journey. Your journey is about being better than you were yesterday. As long as you're improving and growing you are on the right track.
For those living in Amsterdam and searching for a personal trainer to guide them through their journey, I'm here to help. At Famba Fitness we want to help you unlock your physical potential and realise your inner strength. With our help, you can reach your health and fitness goals and motivate yourself to exercise regularly. Come and join us at our calisthenics group training sessions or do a private personal training in Rembrandtpark Amsterdam West! Click here to book a trial.